“… this well written novel is far too weighty to dismiss as just another exciting thriller… David Steinman raises deeply troubling questions with intelligence and compassion. Highly recommended!
- Indies Today
"A deftly crafted and inherently riveting read from cover to cover, Money, Blood & Conscience is an extraordinarily unique and unreservedly recommended read."
- James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief, The Midwest Book Review
"Steinman is our voice. Our freedom fighter."
- Tekle Yeshaw, Author, The Amhara Genocide
"The most searing account of contemporary evil since Uncle Tom's Cabin."
- Jack Healey, Director, Amnesty International USA (Ret.)
- Ludger Schadomsky, Deutsche Welle
"A masterful literary thriller that turns conventional wisdom about African aid on its head."
- Bill Bach, U.S. Foreign Service (Ret.)
"I sometimes give a course on the dictator novel. Next time I do so, this will be on the syllabus."
- Ngugi wa Thiong'o, Distinguished Professor of Comparative Literature, University of California Irvine